“To err is human, to forgive, divine.” ~ Alexander Pope
Why is it so hard to forgive yourself but easier to forgive others? That is my thought for the day.
That is something I am working (trying to) on – to like “me” more. Forgive “me” more. Do things for “me” more. I realize no one is perfect, neither am I. You would think that by now at this age, I would have figured things out. Well, I guess not. I have come to realize that I need to work on myself. I guess, better late than never.
I have one life to live, and I do want to experience it fully as much as I can since it is a gift, after all. We all only live once – As Cher said, (I think she said it)’ Life isn’t a dress rehearsal, this is it.”
I am grateful for each day, each night and every opportunity.
Thank you Lord,
1) For every new morning, It is a brand new day after all. What was yesterday belongs there.
2) For every evening – I love sunsets.
3) Every new opportunity He brings and I know it is up to me to see it, hear it and to pursue it. I have no one else to blame if I don’t pursue it.
4) Every door He closes because He has the plan for me – though I may not understand, or agree with what He has in mind for me.
5) I am thankful for the sound of soft mews from my two cats, Nuri and Shadow, who greet me in the morning and when I come home.
6) I am thankful for the gentle, but firm nudge from Phoebe my dog who is trying to wake me when the alarm goes off and I really don’t want to get out of my warm bed. I can see her under my covers . . .
7) I am thankful for the daily ritual I have with my husband every morning – he makes me (actually for us) a cup of coffee when he is home. We make sure we take our daily meds and vitamins at that time.
8) I am thankful for the wonderful brothers and sisters at First Baptist Church in Salisbury.
9 ) I am thankful for the house I share with my husband. It is our home that we open our doors and share with others.
10) I am thankful for the grace that the Good Lord has given me though often I feel I don’t deserve it.
Eccelesiastes 11:7 “Light is sweet; how pleasant to see a new day dawning.”